PROBE (Public Relations Officers and Bulletin Editors) is an all-volunteer organization, affiliated with BHS, but self supporting and open to all. See the History
page for background. Follow the links in the bullets below to learn more about each specific item.
- We publish PROBEmoter, our quarterly bulletin about and for public relations officers and bulletin editors.
- We assist the districts in running a Bulletin Editor of the Year (BETY) contest. See elsewhere on this web site for district contest coordinators, guidelines and information on how to enter.
- We run the International Bulletin Contest. See elsewhere on this web site for guidelines, how entries are selected, and a list of winners over the years.
- We run the Public Relations Officer of the Year contest.
- We induct into the PROBE Hall of Honor those who have given to PROBE long years of outstanding voluntary service.
- We publish the Bulletin Editors Manual and the PROBE Style Guide, available in print from the Harmony Marketplace, or available at this web site.
- We run the bulletin exchange program. Information on contacting the coordinator to be included will be found on the linked page.
- We certify bulletin contest judges in the categories of Content, Grammar, and Layout and Reproduction, and are energetically seeking candidates. Those interested in becoming judges should contact the Vice President, Bulletin Editors. Contact information is given in the listing of officers at this web site.
- We provide a link at this web site to any online bulletin of any barbershop organization desiring to be linked.
- We provide resources to bulletin editors and webmasters in the form of readily copied and pasted articles under “Aids for BE’s” and welcome new material to be sent to the webmaster.
- We encourage bulletin editor classes at Chapter Officer Training Seminars, and we provide instructors upon request (contact: Vice President, Bulletin Editors).
- We mentor new bulletin editors, or those wishing to improve the quality of their bulletins with one on one assistance for anyone who asks.
- We welcome anyone with $10 to become a member. See “Membership.”
Links to PROBE Information
Join the Bulletin Exchange Program and see what other editors are doing!