The Association of
Public Relations Officers
and Bulletin Editors
Society for the Preservation and
Encouragement of Barber shop Quartet
Singing in America, Inc.
2413 Stonebridge Ln
Bowling Green KY 42101
Tel. (270) 842-3214
VICE PRESIDENT FOR MKT/PR
512 W Southern Hills Rd
Phoenix AZ 85023
Tel. (602 375-9300
VICE PRESIDENT FOR BULLETIN EDITORS
3275 S. Stafford St.
Arlington, VA 22206
Tel. (202) 408-7500
VICE PRESIDENT FOR MEMBERSHIP
248 E. Southwest Pkwy #1122
Lewisville, Tx. 75067
Tel. (972) 221-0260
34888 Lyn Ave
Hemet, CA 92545
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Bruce T. Anderson
2010 So. 26th St.
Lincoln, NE 68502-3025
Tel. (402) 435-0974
215 Cheyenne Street Lot 18
Golden, CO 80403
7930 Sheridan Road
Kenosha, Wisconsin 53143-5944
Tel (800) 876-SING (7464)
PROBEmoter is published quarterly and distributed
by mail to all PROBE members. Membership in PROBE
is open to anyone. Dues, $10.00 per year, are managed
by the secretary-treasurer, and are payable by
individuals or chapters.
Correspondence about PROBEmoter, content and
contributions for publication should be sent to the editor.
Beginning with the July-September 2003 issue, only a brief summary of the content of articles will be available online. The executive board made a decision to distribute full content only to PROBE members, and they will receive a copy in the mail, as always. For the time being, other content on the PROBE site will remain available to all.
Those interested in the full text of articles can join PROBE by contacting Dick Girvin (contact information at the left), or online (link is on the main page of this site).
(in this issue)
- "Those aggravating apostrophes!"
- reprint By John Petterson, former Probemoter editor, concerning apostrophe's
- “Headlines are different!”
- Lloyd Davis, Grammar and Style Judge, discusses differences between headlines and text
- “It’s Just My Opinion…”
- Editor Steve Jackson announces a new coordinator for the Bulletin Exhange Program
- Editing: A challenge for any editor
- Bruce T. Anderson, VP—Bulletin Editors, talks about the problems in editing your own writing
- Let’s put the “bull” back into our bulletins!
- President Lowell Shank comments on a number if current issues
- We Get Letters
- Grant Carson congratulates editor Jackson and Todd Wilson contributes a note about his presentation at Harmony College concerning the COTS curriculum
- Wanting member orientation topics? Add this one!
- Robb Ollett, FWD VP of Financial Development, Harmony Foundation gives a cogent introduction chapters can use
- COTS 2005 – re-visited, re-worked, re-vised!
- Robb Ollett discusses changes in COTS
- Super Duper Glows
And How To Build Them
- Dick Girvin sent in this article by Stanley Tinkle about the latter part of the evening
- Paper is still better, redux,
or not everyone has web access!
- Grant Carson adds fuel to the debate
- Learning New Skills At COTS?
- VP-PR Ted Sayles talks about the COTS offerings
- PR Perspective
- Robb Ollett tells why the the job isn't over even if the year may be
- BE Contest participation
- President Shank encourages participation in BETY and IBC contests
- Dues are due or soon will be…
- Dick Girvin, PROBE Secretary/Treasurer reminds us that all memberships expire at the end of the year
- Plus two more full pages of clipart.