The Association of
Public Relations Officers
and Bulletin Editors
Society for the Preservation and
Encouragement of Barber shop Quartet
Singing in America, Inc.
2413 Stonebridge Ln
Bowling Green KY 42101
Tel. (270) 842-3214
VICE PRESIDENT FOR MKT/PR
VICE PRESIDENT FOR BULLETIN EDITORS
3275 S. Stafford St.
Arlington, VA 22206
Tel. (202) 408-7500
VICE PRESIDENT FOR MEMBERSHIP
248 E. Southwest Pkwy #1122
Lewisville, Tx. 75067
Tel. (972) 221-0260
57 Calle Cadiz, Unit F
Laguna Hills, CA 92637
Tel. (949) 380-0732
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Bruce T. Anderson
2010 So. 26th St.
Lincoln, NE 68502-3025
Tel. (402) 435-0974
215 Cheyenne Street Lot 18
Golden, CO 80403
7930 Sheridan Road
Kenosha, Wisconsin 53143-5944
Tel (800) 876-SING (7464)
PROBEmoter is published quarterly and distributed
by mail to all PROBE members. Membership in PROBE
is open to anyone. Dues, $10.00 per year, are managed
by the secretary-treasurer, and are payable by
individuals or chapters.
Correspondence about PROBEmoter, content and
contributions for publication should be sent to the editor.
Beginning with the July-September 2003 issue, only a brief summary of the content of articles will be available online. The executive board made a decision to distribute full content only to PROBE members, and they will receive a copy in the mail, as always. For the time being, other content on the PROBE site will remain available to all.
Those interested in the full text of articles can join PROBE by contacting Dick Girvin (contact information at the left), or online (link is on the main page of this site).
(in this issue)
- "The way I see it"
- Editor Steve Jackson shares his thoughts
- THANKS and CONGRATULATIONS
- President Lowell Shank expresses appreciation for the assistance he received during the first year of his term
- International Bulletin Contest Results
- Complete scores and results of both print and online contests
- IF YOU’RE NEW AT THE PR GAME
- Cogent posts from PROBEmail about this important topic
- PROBE Poster Contest Results
- Grant Carson reports on entries and winners of the first (and last?) Poster Contest
- THESE ARE MY FAVORITES
- Grant Carson talks about some of the unique posters
- J-School: Mr. Editor, What Are You Trying To Do?
- Tom Pierce returns with this article about how bulletin editors "stack the bricks" for the chapter
- Competition improves the breed
- Owen Herndon, Editor, Colby, Kansas, provides a guest editorial on the BETY contest
- My favorite stories
- Grady Kerr reminisces about the day he killed a man.
- Are Printed Bulletins Still Relevant?
- VP-BE Jerry Kindred reflects on chapter communications
- Woody Woods of Colorado Springs, Colorado provides more file definitions
- Radio Marketing.... A Beginning
- From Clark Abrahamson and the Marketing and PR Committee of the Society
- Hey PR Man, what do you see when you walk in the door?
- Reprint of an article by Robb Ollett, Chairman, Society PR/Marketing Committee
- Plus two more full pages of clipart.