The Association of
Public Relations Officers
and Bulletin Editors
Society for the Preservation and
Encouragement of Barber shop Quartet
Singing in America, Inc.
2413 Stonebridge Ln
Bowling Green KY 42101
Tel. (270) 842-3214
VICE PRESIDENT FOR MKT/PR
VICE PRESIDENT FOR BULLETIN EDITORS
3275 S. Stafford St.
Arlington, VA 22206
Tel. (202) 408-7500
VICE PRESIDENT FOR MEMBERSHIP
248 E. Southwest Pkwy #1122
Lewisville, Tx. 75067
Tel. (972) 221-0260
57 Calle Cadiz, Unit F
Laguna Hills, CA 92653-3941
Tel. (949) 380-0732
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Bruce T. Anderson
2010 So. 26th St.
Lincoln, NE 68502-3025
Tel. (402) 435-0974
1017 Meadow Drive
Norwalk, Iowa 50211-1215
Tel. (515) 981-0057 home
(515) 270-8048 business
(515) 270-8056 FAX at business
7930 Sheridan Road
Kenosha, Wisconsin 53143-5944
Tel (800) 876-SING (7464)
PROBEmoter is published quarterly and distributed
by mail to all PROBE members. Membership in PROBE
is open to anyone. Dues, $10.00 per year, are managed
by the secretary-treasurer, and are payable by
individuals or chapters.
Correspondence about PROBEmoter, content and
contributions for publication should be sent to the editor.
Beginning with the July-September 2003 issue, only a brief summary of the content of articles will be available online. The executive board made a decision to distribute full content only to PROBE members, and they will receive a copy in the mail, as always. For the time being, other content on the PROBE site will remain available to all.
Those interested in the full text of articles can join PROBE by contacting Dick Girvin (contact information at the left), or online (link is on the main page of this site).
(in this issue)
- BE CONFIDENT - WE HAVE AN EFFECTIVE NEW PRESIDENT
- Grant Carson introduces new President Lowell Shank.
- PRO-TIPS: PR assistance on the Web
- Webmaster Arnold Wade discusses web resources for Marketing and PR.
- Well, I'm back
- President Lowell Shank presents his goals.
- Bulletin contest style category
- VP-BE Jerry Kindred continues his series on judging categories.
- Another year cometh
- VP-Membership David Wagner discusses PROBE membership.
- J-School Content: Getting copy can be a piece of cake
- Tom Pearce continues his J-School articles with a piece on how to get content from various sources.
- Music and mailing labels
- Robb Ollett, DVP FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT, provides his take on what to do with all the mailing labels you receive from various charities. (reproduced from WESTUNES, August 2004)
- My ideas for Youth Outreach
- By John Kropf, SEATTLE, WASH., CHAPTER, SEA CHORDS, JOHN DEVITT, EDITOR.
- Check your alignment
- Grant Carson presents a tip for better looking bulletins.
- Be a star reporter
- Article by Tom Wheatley, EDITOR, DUNDALK, MD., CHAPTER, THE CHARIVARI on soliciting assistance for the bulletin editor.