The Association of
Public Relations Officers
and Bulletin Editors
Society for the Preservation and
Encouragement of Barber shop Quartet
Singing in America, Inc.
Bruce T. Anderson
2010 So. 26th St.
Lincoln, NE 68502-3025
Tel. (402) 435-0974
VICE PRESIDENT FOR PUBLIC RELATIONS
2130 Apple Tree Drive
Ontario, NY 14519-9726
Tel. (315) 524-8015
VICE PRESIDENT FOR BULLETIN EDITORS
3275 S. Stafford St.
Arlington, VA 22206
Tel. (202) 408-7500
VICE PRESIDENT FOR MEMBERSHIP
248 E. Southwest Pkwy #1122
Lewisville, Tx. 75067
Tel. (972) 221-0260
57 Calle Cadiz, Unit F
Laguna Hills, CA 92653-3941
Tel. (949) 380-0732
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
8110 Skillman #2003
Dallas, TX 75231
Tel. (214) 553-KERR
1017 Meadow Drive
Norwalk, Iowa 50211-1215
Tel. (515) 981-0057 home
(515) 270-8048 business
(515) 270-8056 FAX at business
7930 Sheridan Road
Kenosha, Wisconsin 53143-5944
Tel (800) 876-SING (7464)
PROBEmoter is published quarterly and distributed
by mail to all PROBE members. Membership in PROBE
is open to anyone. Dues, $10.00 per year, are managed
by the secretary-treasurer, and are payable by
individuals or chapters.
Correspondence about PROBEmoter, content and
contributions for publication should be sent to the editor.
Beginning with the July-September 2003 issue, only a brief summary of the content of articles will be available online. The executive board made a decision to distribute full content only to PROBE members, and they will receive a copy in the mail, as always. For the time being, other content on the PROBE site will remain available to all.
Those interested in the full text of articles can join PROBE by contacting Dick Girvin (contact information at the left), or online (link is on the main page of this site).
(in this issue)
- It was a very good - four years
- President Bruce Anderson looks back on the last four years of PROBE.
- Online bulletin judging results
- David Wagner reports on the inaugural year of the online bulletin contest
- From the editor's cauldron
- John Petterson, reflects on the loss of Reed Sampson from BHS and the impact on PROBE.
- Thank you and thank PROBE
- Jim Styer recounts the honor of presenting the Most Improved Bulletin award to his own bulletin editor.
- PROBE Vice President - Public Relations Report - June 2004
- VPPR Brian Moore presents his annual report.
- PROBE membership report
- VP-Membership David Wagner presents his annual report.
- J-School Content: Getting copy can be a piece of cake
- Tom Pearce continues his J-School articles with a piece on how to get content from various sources.
- Bulletin Editor Mentor Committee
- Grant Carson reports on mentor committee activities for the past year.
- PROBE, its future - and YOU
- Bruce Anderson discusses the role of PROBE in the "new" Barbershop Harmony Society.
- Thank you!
- Hall of Honor inductee, Arnold Wade expresses thanks for the recognition.
- VP-Bulletin Editors annual report
- VP-BE Jerry Kindred presents his annual report.
- The Bulletin Editors Forum
- Jerry Kindred reports on the annual gathering in Louisville.
- 2003 International Bulletin Contest Placement
- Complete results from the IBC