The Association of
Public Relations Officers
and Bulletin Editors
Society for the Preservation and
Encouragement of Barber shop Quartet
Singing in America, Inc.
Bruce T. Anderson
2010 So. 26th St.
Lincoln, NE 68502-3025
Tel. (402) 435-0974
VICE PRESIDENT FOR PUBLIC RELATIONS
2130 Apple Tree Drive
Ontario, NY 14519-9726
Tel. (315) 524-8015
VICE PRESIDENT FOR BULLETIN EDITORS
3275 S. Stafford St.
Arlington, VA 22206
Tel. (202) 408-7500
VICE PRESIDENT FOR MEMBERSHIP
248 E. Southwest Pkwy #1122
Lewisville, Tx. 75067
Tel. (972) 221-0260
57 Calle Cadiz, Unit F
Laguna Hills, CA 92653-3941
Tel. (949) 380-0732
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
P.O. Box 276
Dallas, TX 75231
Tel. (214) 369-5893
1017 Meadow Drive
Norwalk, Iowa 50211-1215
Tel. (515) 981-0057 home
(515) 270-8048 business
(515) 270-8056 FAX at business
6315 third Avenue
Kenosha, Wisconsin 53143-5199
Tel (800) 976-SING
PROBEmoter is published quarterly and distributed
by mail to all PROBE members. Membership in PROBE
is open to anyone. Dues, $10.00 per year, are managed
by the secretary-treasurer, and are payable by
individuals or chapters.
Correspondence about PROBEmoter, content and
contributions for publication should be sent to the editor.
Beginning with this issue, only a brief summary of the content of articles will be available online. The executive board made a decision to distribute full content only to PROBE members, and they will receive a copy in the mail, as always. For the time being, other content on the PROBE site will remain available to all.
Those interested in the full text of articles can join PROBE by contacting Dick Girvin (contact information at the left), or online (link is on the main page of this site).
(in this issue)
- Looking back and pressing forward
- PROBE president Bruce Anderson gives his annual report containing accomplishments of the past and thoughts for the future.
- From the editor's cauldron
- Looking at the winds of change
PROBEmoter editor John Petterson muses on the past, present and future of PROBE.
- 2003 PROBE Outstanding Achievement Awards
- Recognition for outstanding achievement in promoting barbershop over the past 12 months.
- Public Relations Officers of the Year
- Brian Moore announces the winners of the PROTY awards for the previous year
- International bulletin contest
- and Dick Girvin Most Improved Bulletin Award results are listed
- PROBE officers elected for 2003/2004
- New officers and committee chairs are named.
- former editor Tom Pearce brings back the J-School column with with a style tutorial entitled "Capital punishment: Don't be a victim"
- PROBE Hall of Honor 'thank you'
- Inductee Grant Carson shares his thoughts and feelings about his honor.
- Smile and say 'OO'
- PROBE luminary Lloyd Davis shares his thoughts on the facial component of stage presence.
- A checklist for your bulletin
- Jerry Kindred continues his piece from the last issue, enumerating several categories of things that should be covered in chapter bulletins.
- VP-Bulletin Editors annual report 2003
- Jerry Kindred describes the process of selecting an IBC winner
- Bulletin editors' forum
- A report on the discussion taking place during the annual meeting in Montreal.
- Why electronic-only bulletins don't get the job done
- Tom Pearce shares his thoughts on the value of paper bulletins.
- Computer meltdown: a lesson learned the hard way
- John Petterson describes his struggles during a recent computer failure and gives advice to others on how to avoid the same tribulations.
- COTS and PROBE
- President Anderson discusses some of the history and the place of PROBE classes at district COTS events.
- Ready-made media listings
- Bruce Anderson shares some easy to find and easy to use resources chapters can use to publicize their events